Wednesday 2 December 2009

We'll Weather the Weather whatever the Weather

We'll weather the weather whatever the weather whether we like it or not.
I am not sure where that comes from but I know that my Dad used to say that to me.

 I would love to have snow on Christmas Day
O wouldn't that be great
To look out of my window to a white white world
where bird prints show up and the cat paws have trod
I'll place my own mark beside them
making fresh virgin snow my own
and go on my way so merrily
because it is Christmas day
But we seldom get it on the 25th of December
down here in the south of England
We find the snow white days
in the dreary months
at the beginning of the year

Today the temperature is
here where I live in the south of the country.

I am travelling up to North Yorkshire today to be with my daughter and her family for a week, so that I can spend my birthday with them this year for a change.

Up there the temperature is
( I just love these little icons)
The sun is shining at the moment so hopefully I will have an uneventful journey. I travel by train and it takes about 5 hours.





1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a wonderful record for this year!

About Me

My photo
On UKS I'm Mary Buttons

Followers