Monday 21 December 2009

Candle Light Sunday

Yesterday I did this layout very late and forgot to put it on my blog so here it is.
I love the last Sunday in Advent in our church, for although nowadays we don't use real candles we have lots of Christmas light around.
Why don't we use real candles?
I'll tell you why
One year I decided that we would have a real candlelight service and prepared candles in every available place, what a nightmare. I was constantly checking for candles getting too low and at one stage I managed to spill a lot of wax on the new carpet, luckily it did come out with brown paper and an iron. I didn't really manage to worship that evening because of being aware that I was responsible if any accidents happened because I was the one that made the decision to go ahead with it. No accidents luckily but I was told that I had probable violated the fire insurance rules.
so now we have electric candles except for the short time that the children's Christingles were alight and the advent candles each Sunday in December.


20th Candle Light Sunday

No comments:

About Me

My photo
On UKS I'm Mary Buttons

Followers